After 25 years in business the premier American operator of tours to Asia has announced that its groundbreaking tour through Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, first launched in 1992, reigns supreme as its all-time best selling Small Group Trip. Among hundreds of trips offered over the last quarter century, Passage to Indochina has emerged as the all-time favorite.
Asia Transpacific Journeys believes the enduring appeal of its trip through old French Indochina—Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia—is that these three countries are culturally linked yet remarkably distinct, and the iconic cultural treasures of all three are easily navigated on a 17-day journey.
The company’s founder and president, Marilyn Downing Staff, sums up the trip’s enduring appeal this way: “We pioneered this combination of activities when these countries were just opening their borders, and have improved the itinerary slightly each year. Our expertise makes us the tour operator of choice in Indochina for the Harvard, Yale and Princeton Alumni Associations, as well as individual travelers who want to hit the well-known sights yet also explore hidden jewels. The fabulous, historic hotels we choose simply add to the trip’s allure.”
Highlights of this inspiring journey include:
- Overnight Cruise On Halong Bay – Explore the magical limestone formations as you cruise on the emerald waters of Halong Bay aboard a restored Chinese junk.
- Angkor Wat – The 12th century ruins are Asia’s greatest sight, on a par with the Pyramids of Egypt as a testament to the greatness of a lost empire.
- Buddhist Alms Offering – Witness the dawn gathering of monks collecting offering of alms in the streets of Luang Prabang in a magically inspiring ritual.
- Vietnamese Cooking Class – Learn the art behind the preparation of some of Vietnam’s most delectable dishes.
- Expert Tour Leadership – Cultural interpretation from Asia experts—the industry’s best, most sought-after tour leaders in the region.
For those travelers seeking an in-depth immersion in Asia’s architecture, ancient monuments, cuisine, religious traditions, inspiring landscapes and stylish boutique hotels, Asia Transpacific Journey’s “Passage to Indochina” is the definitive Small Group Trip to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
Photos Courtesy Asia Transpacific Journeys ©