Inaugural session taking place in Scotland 3rd-9th November 2012
Bear Grylls announces the launch of his first ever Bear Grylls Survival Academy, a rare chance for outdoor enthusiasts from around the globe to learn Bear’s extreme survival techniques. The course will launch in one of the last true wilderness areas of the Britain, Sutherland, Scotland.
The six-day course will include a combination of remote land/sea survival and adventure tasks that will culminate in a wilderness expedition designed to put the enrollees new found skills to the ultimate test. Techniques include how to make a fire in the pouring rain, build emergency shelters, learn best ways to use a knife for survival, forage for grubs and rodents, remote medical trauma, rappelling, extreme weather survival and river crossings.
“So many people have asked me over the years where they can learn extreme, practical survival – the type that requires spirit, determination and the skills to self-rescue against the odds, in some of the harshest terrain around. So it is with great pride that we can now finally launch the Bear Grylls Survival Academy to be able to share some of these skills and what it really means to be able to look after yourself when the chips are down,“ says Bear Grylls. “Oh, and it may hurt a little.“
Bear Grylls has become known as the most recognized face of survival and outdoor adventure. To help deliver the course, he has teamed up with Worldwide Experience, part of the Mantis Collection, experts in delivering high quality experience-lead conservation and volunteering courses.
About the inaugural course:
- The first Bear Grylls Survival Academy course will run in Scotland from 3rd to 9th November 2012
- The six day course comprises an intensive survival skills course culminating in a 36 hour expedition
- On completion, enrollees will receive a badge, certificate and Bear Grylls Ultimate Gerber knife
- Limited to 10 places
- Cost per person is £2,999 (excluding flights)
- To book contact 01483 424 438 in the UK, toll-free 1-877-742-2925 in the USA or email: email@example.com or visit http://www.beargryllssurvivalacademy.com
- Bear Grylls Survival Academy will be running courses in Scotland, the USA and Africa in 2013