Created by the British Fashion Council (BFC), it is a central platform under which the industry is able to showcase and celebrate British fashion. It will provide a core focus for the industry and a schedule for the major fashion events and activities throughout London’s Olympic year.
Fashion 2012 has three key objectives – to celebrate and showcase our extraordinary talent in the world of Fashion; to inspire and educate young people to get involved with the industry; and to leave a legacy of future support and nurturing for our fashion stars of tomorrow.
The programme will be announced on 16th September 2011 at the opening of London Fashion Week by BFC Chair Harold Tillman CBE and London Mayor Boris Johnson.
[pullquote_right]The online platform will allow a consumer audience to register for newsletters before the schedule goes live in December 2011 in readiness for 2012.[/pullquote_right]
The Fashion 2012 online resource will promote and showcase events, exhibitions and activity surrounding fashion throughout 2012. This will be supported by a downloadable app that will give details of events with links to Google Maps and more interactive content.
Fashion 2012 will highlight the breadth and depth of the talent in the UK and will position London as THE creative capital.
- A series of showcases and exhibitions including two London Fashion Weeks in February and September, major exhibitions at the V&A and London Show Rooms international showcase promoting BFC designers abroad
- A joint BFC / British Council project bringing the world’s most exciting emerging fashion designers to London for the Fashion 2012 International Fashion Showcase
- A major push for British Menswear featuring a series of activities both in the UK and abroad
- An educational project in collaboration with Adidas and the BFC’s Colleges Council
- The BFC / Bazaar Fashion Arts Foundation’s 2012 Showcase – “Britain Creates 2012” – in collaboration with the Mayor of London
Other events and activities are still in development and the BFC invites the industry to join in the celebration of the very best of British Fashion by e-mailing email@example.com to express an interest in the development of the calendar.
In 2012 the eyes of the world will be upon us – we want to show the world that Britain is the leading force in the global creative sphere. Our fashion reputation is second to none and we will ensure that reputation is showcased and celebrated to the broadest possible global audience and that there are opportunities for the whole of the industry to get involved and participate.
[quotename]Harold Tillman CBE[/quotename]
[quotetitle]Chairman of the BFC[/quotetitle]
For more information, please visit www.fashion2012.co.uk