Nero, one of the biggest names in dance music, release their brand new single Reaching Out on 19th December. Reaching Out is taken from their #1 album Welcome Reality which recently hit Gold, driven by the hit singles Me & You, Guilt and the Promises (which also reached #1 in the UK single charts).
Reaching Out, released on Chase & Status’ label MTA Records, samples a Hall & Oates classic and was Hottest Record In The World on Zane Lowe’s Radio 1 show on Wednesday 2nd November. This year has been an incredible year for Nero – they are the only British dance act of 2011 to have a #1 album and Promises was the first ever UK dubstep #1 single. Nero were recently nominated for Best New Act at the prestigious Q Awards last month.
[youtube id=”sJVQJ4-n_cA” width=”610″ height=”350″]
The band played some of the UK’s biggest festivals this summer including Glastonbury, Bestival, Reading and Wireless to name a few, as well selling out their first headline UK tour in October, which included a show-stopping performance at the Electric Ballroom on 18th October. Following their headline dates, Nero have been supporting Tinie Tempah on his Autumn arena tour. Nero recently joined their label managers Chase & Status at the UKF: Bass Culture Event at Alexandra Palace on 25th November.
Nero are Joe Ray and Dan Stephens.
Catch them live on their “Second Reality” Tour:
- Thursday 8th March – Newcastle O2 Academy
- Friday 9th March – Leeds O2 Academy
- Saturday 10th March – Liverpool University
- Tuesday 13th March – Bristol Motion
- Thursday 15th March – Leicester O2 Academy
- Friday 16th March – Manchester Academy
- Saturday 17th March – Southampton Guildhall
- Sunday 18th March – Birmingham HMV Institute
- Monday 19th March – Glasgow O2 ABC
- Wednesday 21st March – Dublin Academy
- Thursday 22nd March – Cardiff University Great Hall
- Friday 23rd March – Norwich UEA
- Saturday 24th March – London O2 Academy Brixton