To celebrate the launch of Mario Party 9, a new game launching exclusively for the Wii console, Nintendo is teaming up with Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City and Radio Disney to host a fun launch party. Invited guests will be among the first to try out the 80 new minigames, adventurous new stages and exciting boss battles in Mario Party 9 before the game launches on March 11. Throughout the evening, attendees will enjoy food, beverages, live entertainment from Radio Disney and a chance to win cool prizes (while supplies last).
The party is back and bigger than ever with Mario Party 9, as boss battles crash the party and challenge players to compete and defeat a common enemy. In a series first, players now travel across stages together in a vehicle towards a common goal, overcoming obstacles, battling bosses and collecting Mini Stars stolen by Bowser and his minions. But don’t get too friendly – only one player can become the Superstar.
Tune in to Radio Disney AM 1560 in the weeks leading up to the event. Four lucky listeners will win tickets to attend and party with Mario and Luigi. More information about Mario Party 9 is available at http://marioparty9.nintendo.com.
Friday, March 9, 2012
7-10 p.m. ET
10 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020
(On 48th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City’s Bigs and Littles working together to earn “Mini Stars currency” during event activities
- Mario and Luigi costumed characters interacting with guests
- A fun photo area with a special themed backdrop
- Kids and adults demonstrating the unique cross-generational appeal of the Wii console by playing Mario Party 9 together
- B-roll and photos available