March 27th 2013 sees the inaugural Social Television Awards, hosted by Skatta TV at the home of the British Academy Film & Television Arts, 195 Piccadilly, London.
Bringing together the leaders and pioneers of Digital Media, Film and Television as well as celebrities and key members of the press, the Social TV Awards have been created to celebrate and acknowledge the achievements of the forward thinkers in Film, Television, Technology and New Media.
What are the Social TV Awards?
The Social TV Awards will reward exceptional creativity, vision, and the very latest inspirational technologies, with twelve categories that will serve to highlight those who are defining the future of television and multi-platform experiences – the most important revolution within media today.
Nominations will take place over the coming weeks, with guest judges making the final decisions on who will take home the coveted award in each category – which include Media Crossover, Use of a 2nd Screen, Social TV Entertainer of the Year and a Live Event Streaming Award.
The revolution in Television!
Starting with the 1920s, the evening will pay homage to the last time traditional broadcasting got a shake up, as the dominance of the “wireless” was challenged with television sets starting to find their way into homes. Guests will be taken through time to show how media consumption, in particular Film and Television, has changed since the pioneers at the turn of the last century.
Harnessing Social TV and monetising viewers
On top of the awards ceremony, leading experts from a variety of fields and sectors, will be speaking about how harnessing Social TV can help brands, business, artists and more. They will explain how to reach a greater global audience, offer viewers a better-tailored experience, and perhaps most interestingly, how to monetise viewers in a variety of ways previously unthinkable with traditional broadcast channels.
SKATTA SOCIAL TELEVISION AWARDS
TWELVE AWARD CATEGORIES AND FINAL THREE NOMINEES
Branded Content Award –
Puma – www.puma.com
Budweiser – www.budweiser.co.uk
New Look – www.newlook.com
Live Streaming Award –
Heat Mag (BAFTA and NTA Red Carpet)
AP Live (Grammys and Oscar Red Carpets)
TESN (Sporting Events)
Social TV Entertainer of The Year –
Will.I.Am – The Voice (BBC1)
Caroline Flack – The Xtra Factor (ITV2)
Dermot O’Leary – The NTA’s/ X-Factor (ITV1)
Broadcast Journalism Awards –
The One Show (BBC1)
BBC Click (BBC World News)
The Olympics Coverage (ITV)
Media Crossover Award –
TV Show Award –
The Apprentice (BBC1)
The X Factor (ITV1)
Strictly Come Dancing (BBC1)
Best TV App Award –
Music Award –
Nicole Scherzinger for ‘Boomerang’ – 6,147,811 views in two weeks post release of the video on Vevo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Black Eyed Peas ‘ Dirty Bit’ – for creating an app supporting the release of the single, and also totaling 180,000,000 YouTube views.http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Adele for ‘SkyFall’ – for reaching No1 on iTunes less than 10 hours after its release. http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Use of 2nd Screen Social Media –
The Voice (BBC)
Big Brother (Channel 5)
The Xtra Factor (ITV2)
Drama and Soap Award –
My Mad Fat Diary
Online Video Award –
Psy – ‘Gangham Style’ – 1 Billion views http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Adele – ‘SkyFall’ – 83,489,796 views http://www.youtube.com/watch?
One Direction – ‘Kiss You’ 66,272,031 views http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Viewing Device Award –
What’s new from Skatta?
As well as hosting the Social TV Awards, Skatta is also launching its all-new, “Viewer Dashboard,” – a personalised portal for viewers to experience their favourite musicians, films, TV shows, showbiz personalities, brands and more. With viewing habits constantly being “learned,” Skatta can deliver the most relevant and eye-catching content straight to your computer, mobile phone, tablet or smart TV.
London-based, Skatta has developed their vision of bringing social media and television channeling and cross-platform functionality together. Skatta provides over 400 existing channel owners the means to host an unlimited amount of video content, and vast opportunities to monetise that material. With a Content Delivery Network, which learns individual viewer behavior, Skatta targets viewers with relevant videos such as exclusive content from your favourite band, new products from a preferred brand or new episodes of a PayPerView TV series.
- The Social TV Awards are the first of its kind, and will be hosted at the home of BAFTA in London, on March 27th, 2013.
- Skatta allows users to upload content to their network, which is then distributed to millions of targeted viewers via IPTV.
- Skatta can be watched on your computer, smart phone, tablet, smart TV, and soon on your games console.
- There are already over 400 channel owners globally in 24 different sectors. Most of these monetise their content in a variety of ways.
- Ways to monetise include: Memberships, Subscriptions, Exclusive content, PPV (PayPerView) Live Streaming,, Video Advertising, Banner Advertising, Fan Funding, Clickable Player Advertising, Ticketing Solution, Audio Library, Overlay Advertising, and E-Learning.
- Notable channel owners include: Nicole Sherzinger, The Kooks, Steps, The New York Stock Exchange, Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, PUMA, Henley Business School, with negotiations in progress with various Universities, Film companies, Brands and Retailers.
- Channels can be bought for as little as £3000 a year, with unlimited content hosting and optional marketing and PR support.
- Cisco: By the end of 2013 Video Will Be 90 Percent Of All Consumer IP Traffic And 64 Percent of Mobile.
For further information:
To find out more about Skatta, or to become a channel owner please visit: www.skatta.tv