Forty years ago, the late John Lennon dared to “Imagine” a world free from hunger, poverty and at peace forever with the release of his album’s title track. Decades later, his legacy thrives as his wife, artist and musician Yoko Ono Lennon joins Hard Rock International and WhyHunger once again for IMAGINE THERE’S NO HUNGER, a global campaign to combat childhood hunger and poverty around the world. Dedicated to the brand’s “All is One” core values, proceeds from Hard Rock’s campaign will directly benefit WhyHunger, a leader in building the global movement to end hunger and poverty, and its grassroots partners around the globe in hopes of finding long-term solutions through sustainable agriculture.
“We know what a difference our IMAGINE program has made in the lives of children in need via our global beneficiaries,” said Hamish Dodds, president and CEO, Hard Rock International, and Global Ambassador for WhyHunger. “Hard Rock is honored to partner with WhyHunger and Yoko Ono Lennon for the fourth consecutive year in efforts to help break the cycle of hunger and poverty.”
Accessorize Fashionably and Charitably
Hard Rock International’s IMAGINE THERE’S NO HUNGER campaign will be anchored by limited-edition merchandise, highlighting a signature charity bracelet featuring the powerful message “IMAGINE THERE’S NO HUNGER.” Proceeds from the campaign will be donated directly to WhyHunger to benefit local grassroots partners, including the Pathfinder Academy in Kenya; the Pattanarak Foundation in Thailand; City of Joy in India and CONAMUCA in the Dominican Republic. Each grassroots partner focuses on children living in poverty and helps teach sustainable farming and entrepreneurial skills for the future.
“So often when you see the face of a hungry child you wonder how you can make a difference in the life of that child,” said Bill Ayres, founder and executive director of WhyHunger. “Thanks to our partnership with Hard Rock International, a company that truly embraces the power of corporate citizenship, and Yoko Ono Lennon, an artist who continues to give us the opportunity to spread John Lennon’s message of peace and love, we’ve been able to improve hundreds of thousands of lives across the globe and not just feed children for one day, but prepare them for a lifetime of good nutrition.”
Beginning on November 1st, Hard Rock locations around the globe will offer IMAGINE THERE’S NO HUNGER items in support of the campaign. IMAGINE merchandise will be available for a limited time only, and exclusively at Hard Rock’s Rock Shops and online, including:
- Charity Bracelet – The 2011 IMAGINE campaign’s anchor merchandise piece, this black faux leather cord and metal accented bracelet is engraved with the influential message “IMAGINE THERE’S NO HUNGER.” Available in an antique silver matte finish, this must-have item also features John Lennon’s self-portrait, WhyHunger and Hard Rock International logos engraved in black on the reverse. 100% of the net proceeds benefit WhyHunger and global grassroots partners. ($1 or more donation in cafe)
- T-Shirt – The front of Hard Rock’s new IMAGINE T-shirt features a peace sign with the powerful message “IMAGINE THERE’S NO HUNGER” as an overlay. John Lennon’s self-portrait, signature and Hard Rock International logo, complete the design, while the back of the shirt features WhyHunger’s logo. Truly a symbol of world peace, this new 100% ringspun cotton T-shirt is available in olive in men’s sizes in store (S – XXL) and in chocolate in women’s sizes online (XS-XL). 15% of the net proceeds benefit WhyHunger.
- Charity Pin – This Lennon-inspired limited-edition pin features a winged peace sign design with the powerful message “IMAGINE THERE’S NO HUNGER” as an overlay. 15% of the net proceeds benefit WhyHunger. (Available for purchase online only)
- Necklace – This Lennon-inspired dog tag charm necklace features three metal-plated charms in silver, copper and gold, each engraved with John Lennon’s self-portrait, WhyHunger, IMAGINE and Hard Rock International logos in black. 15% of the net proceeds benefit WhyHunger. (Available for purchase in-store only)
- Reusable Tote – This tote is a fashion-friendly way to help reduce your carbon footprint and features a winged peace sign design with the powerful message “IMAGINE THERE’S NO HUNGER” as an overlay, accented by WhyHunger and Hard Rock logos in red. 100% of the net proceeds benefit WhyHunger. (Available in-store only with retail purchase and $2 donation)